Rajindra Sinanansingh was fined $200,000 or six months for possession of, $300,000 or six months for dealing in, and $400,000 or six months for importing cocaine.
In addition, he was sentenced to 12 months for conspiracy to import cocaine and another 18 months in prison, to run concurrently. If the fines are not paid the sentences are to run consecutively, but concurrent to the prison terms.
Before he was sentenced, the accused begged Senior Resident Magistrate Judith Pusey not to give him a long stretch behind bars.
“Your Honour, I have my children to take care of, and I was set up, so I am asking you to give me some leniency,” Sinanansingh said.
Allegations are that on May 21, the accused arrived on a Caribbean Airlines flight into the island from Trinidad and during a routine check of his luggage, the cocaine was found in a false compartment. He was subsequently arrested.
- Man swallows 96 bags of cocaine (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- Dutch national on drug rap prisoned (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- Trinidad James Not Giving Up His Name (celebnmusic247.com)
- Creating Caribbean Music in London: Anthony Joseph and the Spasm Band (repeatingislands.com)
- Thomas Gore: Prosecutors seek 6 month prison sentence (wjla.com)
- Canadian gets 3 years for 2.615 kilograms of cocaine (kaieteurnewsonline.com)
- Former RCMP commander to be sentenced for stealing cocaine (globalnews.ca)
- jamaican arrives home with 96 packets of Guyana cocaine (propagandapress.wordpress.com)
- Accused British men charged for drugs (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- New deadline for CAL (antiguaobserver.com)