Search goes on after bodies found


A police search is continuing after three bodies, believed to be female, were found wrapped in plastic bags about 150 yards apart in East Cleveland, Ohio.

East Cleveland mayor Gary Norton said a 35-year-old suspect has been arrested, but has not been charged as yet.

He said the man led authorities to believe he might have been fascinated with convicted killer Anthony Sowell. It is feared there may be more bodies in the neighbourhood.

Sowell was convicted in 2011 of killing 11 women and hiding their remains around his Cleveland home. He is facing a death sentence.

Police said a body was found on Friday in a garage and two other bodies were discovered on Saturday – one in a back yard and the other in the basement of a vacant house

Woman, 27, to sue NYPD after police officer ‘stole nude photos from her iPhone


A NYPD Ford Explorer Special Service Vehicle.
A NYPD Ford Explorer Special Service Vehicle. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Patch of New York City Police Department
Patch of New York City Police Department (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

A woman plans to sue the New York Police  Department for invasion of privacy after an officer allegedly stole sexy  photographs from her iPhone.

Pamela Held, 27, took nude photos of herself  in provocative poses on her mobile phone to send to her boyfriend.

But when police seized her phone after  stopping her for an alleged traffic violation, she claims officer Sean Christian  found the raunchy images stored on her phone and sent them to his own mobile.

Ms Held, from Deer Park, Long Island, told  the New York Daily  News: ‘It makes me sick. I don’t even  want to think about what he’s done with them.’

Police sources told the Daily News that  officer Christian, 41, is the subject of an Internal Affairs investigation  stemming from Held’s complaint.

It comes after Ms Held was pulled over by  five police officers on February 6 because her car didn’t have an inspection  sticker.

The officers found prescription drugs in her  car so took both Ms Held and the friend she was travelling with to the police  station.

When asked by officers where she had been  that evening, she told them she had visited a friend and could prove it with  text messages on her phone.

She then gave then her security pin number so  they could look at the messages.

Mourners shocked as …Pastor walks out on DJ’s burial


English: Skull and crossbones
English: Skull and crossbones (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
pastor
pastor (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The interment of Hi Tension sound system selector, DJ Genius, ended chaotic on Sunday, as it is alleged that the officiating pastor left the burial before the casket arrived, leaving organisers scampering for a new minister.

It is reported that the initial officiating pastor left the funeral on claims that the body got to the burial ground after 6 p.m.

The incident was regarded as one of bad taste according to supporters and the funeral organisers, who told THE WEEKEND STAR that they felt disrespected.

Traditionally, burials take place before 6 p.m., and by law, they are done in the presence of a minister of religion.

THE WEEKEND STAR understands that the funeral for the DJ, whose real name is Courtney Crooks, was held at a church in Spanish Town, St Catherine. Crooks, 35, died of lung cancer on June 8, at the Kingston Public Hospital.

The funeral was well attended and interment followed at Meadowrest Memorial Gardens in the parish.

However, things didn’t end smoothly, as the officiating minister left Meadowrest before the hearse showed up.

One mourner said: “I wasn’t even paying attention to the time to be frank with you. Most people have it to say dat di pastor get him pay already, so him jus’ left. Most people consider di ting a disrespect dat di pastor would leave di burial ground like dat.”

Peter Perry, of Perry’s Funeral Arrangements and Supplies, said: “It was a total disrespect. I never ever see anything like this in my life. Before the tribute, him (pastor) preach long and then rush up the service. It wasn’t 6 o’ clock when I called the other pastor. The other pastor got there five minutes to six.”

But the pastor, who requested anonymity, said that due to the late arrival of the caretaker, he had no choice but to leave Meadowrest.

“I proceeded to Meadowrest, and I expected the caretaker to have followed me, but he didn’t. I identified the funeral plot, stood by the funeral plot until around six minutes after 6 p.m. It was no longer legal, based on my understanding to perform a burial at that time,” he said.

Nigerian gunmen kidnap British man in Lagos


Gunmen arriving at Sing Sing, Whitey Lewis  (LOC)
Gunmen arriving at Sing Sing, Whitey Lewis (LOC) (Photo credit: The Library of Congress)
Tuesday
Tuesday (Photo credit: teachernz)
English: Flag of Lagos
English: Flag of Lagos (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Gunmen have reportedly kidnapped a British man in Nigeria after shooting the driver of the vehicle he was in. The attack in Lagos happened on Tuesday evening soon after the four wheel drive left the international airport, where the man had just arrived, Reuters said, attributing the information to two security sources.

The Nigerian driver survived the attack, they said. The British high commission said it was “working closely with others to secure the release of the hostage”.

The son of a state legislator and four Chinese nationals in two different states have all been reported kidnapped this month. Some cases are not reported because of fears for hostages’ safety. Most are released after ransoms have been paid, though people have been injured and killed if they resist.

Third bomb is found outside Midlands mosque as counter-terrorism officers question Ukrainian students.


Bull Ring, Birmingham, England, featuring St M...
Bull Ring, Birmingham, England, featuring St Martin’s church (centre) and the silver Selfridges store. Photo taken by the West Midlands Police helicopter during routine operations. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Wolverhampton Archives
Wolverhampton Archives (Photo credit: WAVE:Galleries, Museums, Archives of Wolverhampton)
Birmingham Mail Logo
Birmingham Mail Logo (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
West Midlands Police
West Midlands Police (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Counter-terrorism officers have found evidence of a third bomb detonated near to a mosque in the West Midlands.
Wolverhampton Central Mosque on Dunstall Road, Wolverhampton, was evacuated last night after police received information that it may have been the target of a device activated three weeks ago.
Today, West Midlands police said they have found the ‘seat of an explosion’ and debris among trees and shrubbery in the roundabout opposite the mosque.
Early indications are that the device was detonated on June 28. It follows the arrest of two Ukranian men, aged 25 and 22, in connection with two separate bombings near mosques in Walsall and Tipton.

Tip off: Counter-terror police swooped on the area following the arrest of two Ukrainian men on suspicion of terror offences
The suspects are engineering students who have been in England on a summer placement, according to the Birmingham Mail.
No device was found inside Wolverhampton Central Mosque which has now been reopened for worshippers.
Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale, who is leading the investigation, said: ‘Officers searching the area have found the seat of an explosion and debris on the island near the mosque.
‘The investigation is being led by specialist officers and staff from our Counter Terrorism Unit who are being supported by a range of departments from across the force.
‘We recognise the impact news of the latest find will have on the communities of Wolverhampton and further afield. We’re working hard to complete our enquiries so that the area can be returned to normality.’
Meanwhile, the industrial unit which is the headquarters of software company Delcam continued to be a hive of activity with bomb disposal officers and members of West Midlands Counter Terrorism Unit searching the premises where the two suspects were working on a university placement.
The company’s chief executive, Clive Martell, was at the scene today and confirmed comments he made, after police turned up unexpectedly at the site on Thursday.
Speaking in the Birmingham Mail yesterday, he said: ‘The two men were on work placements with us, but were not employees of the business.
‘They are studying at a foreign university and are engineering students.’
Mr Martell added that the two men were studying engineering degrees in a country in Eastern Europe.
‘One of the men has been with us for four months and the other has been with us for two months,” he said.
‘They were around halfway through the course and we understand that they met each other whilst on the placement.
‘This was completely unexpected and we are doing everything we possibly can to assist the police with their investigations.’
Officers descended on the large industrial unit at 3pm yesterday, and are expected to remain there for the rest of the day according to West Midlands Police.
Workers have been gathering outside since the morning, to collect cars and other belongings they had to leave behind when police arrived.
Local residents took to Twitter to express shock and fear at the continued targeting of mosques in the area, following the murder of British soldier Lee Rigby in May.
The soldier was stabbed to death near his Army barracks in Woolwich, south London.
A Twitter user under the name of Shez Khan said: ‘Dear me. Bomb planted INSIDE Wolverhampton Mosque! What has happened to people?!’
Another Twitter user called Salma said: ‘It’s so sad to see a mosque being under threat 😦 especially a mosque i spent my childhood in #WolverhamptonMosque’.
A person under the name of Amreet tweeted: ‘The first time I’ve heard Wolverhampton mentioned on the main news and it’s because someone has tried to bomb the Mosque, that’s so awful’.
Faizaan wrote: ‘ANOTHER device left outside a Mosque n (sic) Wolverhampton now! This is becoming ridiculous!!!!’
The two Ukranians are being questioned on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism following blasts near the Aisha Mosque and Islamic Centre in the Caldmore area of Walsall last month and the Tipton mosque last Friday.
Residents were evacuated after the blast, near the Kanzul Iman Masjid in Tipton, left nails and debris scattered outside.
No-one was injured but some minor damage to property was reported. The bomb exploded just an hour after the funeral of Drummer Lee Rigby.
A small component part of the suspected nail bomb was found in a garden nearby and specialist Army disposal officers were called to the scene to carry out a controlled explosion.
The blast came after more than 100 residents were evacuated from their homes in the Caldmore area of Walsall last month after an explosion near the Aisha Mosque.
No-one was hurt in that blast, which caused minimal damage to a wall near the mosque in Rutter Street on the evening of June 21.
Although residents in the area heard a loud bang at the time of the explosion, the incident was not reported to the police until the following day when parts of the small home-made device were found by a worshipper at the mosque, sparking a major operation involving Army bomb disposal experts.
A 75-year-old man had been arrested in connection with the attack, but he was subsequently released without charge.