JAMAICAN deejay Admiral Bailey is scheduled to appear in the Corporate Area Criminal Court on Thursday, March 5 after he was arrested yesterday on fraud-related charges.
According to the police, the deejay, whose real name is Glendon Bailey, went to the Passport Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) about 10:30 am yesterday and attempted to renew a passport in the name Micheal George Sullivan.
“During the renewal process, his true identity was revealed. Subsequently, investigators from PICA detained him,” the police communications unit said in a news release.
The police said he was charged with:
* two counts of uttering forged documents;
* two counts of obtaining passport by false pretence;
* two counts of possession of forged documents;
* one count of attempting to obtain a passport by false pretence; and
* one count of conspiracy to defraud.