VANCOUVER – An ammonia cleaning agent being used without proper ventilation has forced the evacuation of a downtown Vancouver building.
One patient has been removed from the building with unknown injuries.
Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services are currently on scene at the building in the 300-block of Keefer Street. It appears to be an apartment building and crews say there are multiple “mobility-challenged occupants” so extra resources were deployed to help.
Firefighters are now ventilating the building and will assess the air quality.
Hazardous Materials Incident, 300 Blk Keefer, Fire Fighters now ventilating structure, will assess air quality and allow access shortly
— Vancouver Fire (@VanFireRescue) May 19, 2015