The incident left many residents speechless and cowering in fear after the ghost, said to be that of a male, reportedly knocked the woman unconscious.
A woman who said she glimpsed the ghost, described the spirit as a short, bald-headed man, who was not wearing a shirt.
“Everybody a wonder a weh di duppy come from, but I don’t have a thing to say because mi remember one time duppy tell mi dat mi chat too much,” a resident from the area said.
THE STAR understands that since the incident, the woman has been wandering in the community barefooted.
It is reported that sometime after 7 p.m., the young woman was at home when she was knocked unconscious by what she later told residents was a strong force.
Residents say that when the young woman regained consciousness, she started fighting the ghost and kicking a fence.
THE STAR was told that incident drew a large crowd, and sent tongues wagging. The woman, it was further heard, was taken from the area to a gated community in St Catherine by relatives a couple hours later, but was then taken aback, apparently as the ghost was still tormenting her.
One resident who heard that the woman was taken to a gated community, made several comments, one of which caused much laughter. “How di duppy fi go a dat community, is a gated community,” said the resident to much laughter.
A resident who was a part of the crowd said he too became afraid, as the young woman is known by many in the community as a sane person.
“Mi never see anything like dis, mi always hear dem a talk about duppy, but a first mi ever see somebody a run up and down so and a fight back duppy. One person even seh dat dem see di duppy so people start ketch dem fraid because it look like everywhere di girl go, di duppy go deh to,” the resident said.
- Man claims … DUPPY ROBBED MY TAXI (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- Lost Girl, featuring the world’s worst detectives and the world’s easiest witches (io9.com)
- Paranormal – Woman Captures Pic of Ghost On Cellphone (disclose.tv)
- Ghost hits Kickstarter, seeks £25,000 (poststat.us)
- Ghost: The Future of Blogging (in Node.js) (tryghost.org)
- Man claims “Duppy robbed my Taxi” (dashvibesentz.wordpress.com)
- Other Mysteries – Sharp Dressed Ghost Captured In Snapshot (disclose.tv)
- Ghoulish Flash Fiction A to Z: Yūrei (Japanese) (zennjennc.wordpress.com)
- Studying Ghosts: Tales from around Sydney, Hyde Park Barracks. (thefreakyoz.wordpress.com)
- Profile: Sarah Mendelsohn (wr121blog.wordpress.com)