A mentally ill man, who is the son of reggae singer and producer Sugar Minott, charged with assaulting his brother had his bail extended until August 30 in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate‘s Court on Tuesday.
The defendant, who was bounded over in the custody of his mother on his initial court appearance, was not present on the day, but his mother and brother, who is also the complainant, appeared in his absence.
Charged with assault occasioning bodily harm is Andrew Minott.
The court heard that on the day of the incident, Minott, who was previously a patient of the Bellevue Hospital, was involved in a dispute with the complainant. The complainant was at home when Minott went into the studio and started pulling a table from the room. The complainant tried to stop him but Minott flared up and punched him in the face and started kicking him all over his body.
Minott’s brother told Senior Resident Magistrate (RM) Judith Pusey that the accused had been “terrorising” him for a while. Minott responded to his brother by telling him that he should stop carrying down the family name.
The RM asked Minott if he had been taking his medication, to which he responded in the affirmative. She then told him that he could not reside at the house as he was a problem, however, he told the RM that his father had bought all the equipment there and that his brother should not bother him.
Pusey then bounded him over in the custody of his mother and told her that he was not to return to the house where the studio was located.
Minott did not agree and told the RM that she would have to look after him as she was preventing him from earning money. He also told her that he had expensive tastes, dining on Chinese cuisine, among other delicacies.
- A Belated Introduction to Japanese Reggae (xtheweave.wordpress.com)
- Entry-level classes are struggling at state’s auto racing tracks (bangordailynews.com)
- Supreme x Wackies Capsule Collection (bigcrate.wordpress.com)
- Critics Say Pence Dragging His Feet On Health Care Plan (indianapublicmedia.org)
- NEW! Extended Discomixes from Twilight Circus Sound System (midnightraverblog.com)
- Answer on state’s Medicaid plan could take some time (posttrib.suntimes.com)
- Woman beats child with machete (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- Court to decide if … WOMAN PROMISES SEX FOR HAIRDO (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- Man fined for pinching 6-y-o (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)
- Woman caught in high-speed chase gets bail extension (cbcburke9.wordpress.com)